Thursday, December 04, 2008

Andrew Peterson

About this time last year, my sister in law posted the video below. I loved it and downloaded the song Labor of Love by Jill Phillips. This year, John surprised me with tickets to the concert. It was amazing! If it is near you, go and see it. I cried pretty much the entire time.



Tonight was also a great night because we decide to sponsor our second child! Whoo Hoo! John has a little boy named Roger through World Vision and tonight we chose a little girl named Mersi through Compassion International. I say it like "mercy" and can not wait to send her a letter or a Christmas gift!.
I was thinking as the concert went on how joyful she and her family will be when they her the news that she is being sponsored.  
I was not moved to tears to go and get a child out of guilt. I think I just understood it as an opportunity to use the finances we have been given to be obedient to Christ's command to serve the poor.  

Some other highlights:  We bought the the Behold the Lamb of God CD and we saw some good friends that had recently moved away.  

Such a fun night!  Enjoy the video.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat @ Inspired To Action said...

Glad you enjoyed it. Maybe Jimmy and I will be able to see one of the concerts next year.

Thu Dec 11, 08:11:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home